OT: Re: [TriLUG] incoherent ramblings

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 21 01:07:38 EDT 2002

> I think as "bad" as this might sound RE: cpus, there will be easily a
> workaround for the culprit. Ah, the power of source...
>
> I am not a statistician, however I guess that for every 100 hard-
> working legit programmers and engineers manufacturing the copy-
> protection, there are 1,000 kiddies with a closet who are hacking
> away at the copy-protection. ;-)

Yea!  And that was something I failed to mention, my bad.  But what
will still be wrong equation is it will be a crime (by that point) to
turn off digital copyright protection so now everyone who wants to run
an alternative OS to M$ will become a criminal.  That's wrong.

Then what about sending e-mail?  If the e-mail comes from an
application that was not been blessed by Microsoft will a Microsoft  OS
(and signed software) open the e-mail?  Under the Palladium I don't
think the MS machines will open the e-mail - unless it's hacked with a
bogus "signature" which makes you even more of a criminal.

Yes, this is OT... was OT.  I guess I just needed to vent.

Greg