[TriLUG] Recommend HTML Editor

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Sep 23 13:54:00 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 17:50, Robert Porter wrote:

> On Friday 20 September 2002 09:27 am, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> >
> > Change the command line to read this:
> > 	/usr/bin/netscape %s
> > or
> > 	/usr/bin/mozilla %s
> >
> > Make sure you use "netscape" and "mozilla," not "netscape-communicator" or
> > "mozilla-bin".  The first two are shell scripts which see if netscape or
> > mozilla are already running.  The latter are the actual binaries, and
> > trying to start those directly could cause problems / multiple instances /
> > other strangeness.
>
> I changed the command lines, but no joy, it says its starting the browser and
> then nothing, kaputs!  Will keep poking around, sure its something simple,
> like a path problem or something.

Make sure you don't have any dead mozilla processes laying around --
close all your browsers and type "ps aux| grep mozilla" to be sure.  (Or
netscape if applicable -- which are you using?).  If you see some, kill
them with -9.  That might fix the problem.

Also, you should be able to type "mozilla http://www.trilug.org" at the
command-line.  Does that work to open browser with that URL?  This has
got to be a fixable problem!

--Jeremy