[TriLUG] Speech Recognition revisted

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Wed Sep 25 21:45:53 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 12:53 PM, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:

> A few weeks ago, some of us were talking about speech recognition and I
> remember IBM's ViaVoice being mentioned. Here's an interesting article on
> ViaVoice.

I purchased ViaVoice for Linux, and was surprised voice recognition, or at
least IBM's version hasn't really improved that much since the last time I
tried it 10 years ago. ViaVoice for Linux was a 10th of the price of their
OSX version, but took 10 times as much effort to get working :-)

michael at czeiszperger.org
Chapel Hill, NC