[TriLUG] help! weird sendmail problem

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 7 14:28:53 EDT 2002

Greg,

A few notes:

1.  Don't tell folks your hostname/IP.  It's easy enough for them to get
it, and giving it to them just invites portscans, DoS attacks, and who
knows what else.

2.  Use a dynamic DNS service, because your hostname will not change
that way, and changing an MX record, or your machine's hostname, is just
a silly thing to have to do on an even semi-annual basis.

I can talk to you more about this on IRC, or else at the meeting on
Thursday, if you attend.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer