[TriLUG] sparc 4 hardware

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 7 15:34:18 EDT 2002

Is a Sparc4 system with 32 megs of ram and a 500 meg scsi drive even worth
here's what I don't recall - the Sparc4 had two ethernet ports - one DIX/AUI
and one RJ-45.  Can I use both ports at the same time is it only one or the
other in use at one time?

Assuming that I can use both ethernet ports can I load Mandrake 9.0 with only
what is required to support routing and iptables and perhaps one or two other
goodies?   Given the vintage of the hardware is this totally pointless?

Greg