[TriLUG] IDE tape drive on Redhat 8.0

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 8 12:42:55 EDT 2002

Hello,

Has anyone used an IDE tape drive with Redhat 8.0 successfully yet?  I
have used them with previous Redhat versions with no problem, but actually
had the system lockup (where I had to turn off the power, could not even
switch screens) every time I tried to access the tape drive.  I will need
to reload the system to give more details (as I loaded Mandrake 9.0 and
had no problem with tape drive), but was just wondering if anyone else had
used an ide tape drive.  The drive I was trying is a Seagate ST8000A 4/8
GB ide tape drive.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Norwood