[TriLUG] Road Runner and Linux (was: replacing a hard drive)

David J. Schwartzburg rooney at uwalumni.com
Wed Oct 9 12:05:03 EDT 2002

I don't believe there is currently any requirement for MAC
authentication on RR.  I recently moved to Raleigh, and moved my
fiance's cable modem from her apartment to mine.  I didn't have to run
any app. to install any road runner software, and I was able to connect
fine.  However, when trying a cable modem from a store, I couldn't get
it to work, because it's serial number wasn't registered with TW.

Dave