[TriLUG] Re: Re: ipconfig command for Linux

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Fri Oct 18 16:30:49 EDT 2002

> [Ed Hill]
> Also, if you have multiple ethernet cards and want to start/stop just
> one of them:
>
>   ipconfig /release  ==>  /sbin/ifdown eth0
>   ipconfig /renew    ==>  /sbin/ifdown eth0; /sbin/ifup eth0

Actually, I considered this but was trying to keep more to the "true
spirit".  ipconfig /release and /renew options do all DHCP-bound
interfaces, and hence ifdown/ifup on any single interface wasn't
really a true mapping.  Not that it much matters, just fwiw :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4