[TriLUG] Mounting zip100.0

Jturena at aol.com Jturena at aol.com
Fri Oct 18 18:42:32 EDT 2002

 I just reinstalled RH7.2, and am having no luck at mounting my zip drive
with "mount /dev/hdc4  /mnt/zip100.0" (I know I could leave one of the
parameters out because the stuff is listed in my fstab file).
 It is requiring me to specify the filesystem type. I tried all the ones I
know: ext2, msdos, vfat.
 The zip file was made on my Windows system, and it has a downloaded Linux
binary of apache and mysql that I want to install.
 Could anyone please direct me to what the problem might be, or what the
solution is.
 Thanks,
 Jim U.