[TriLUG] Re: Mounting zip100.0

Robert Heinich robert_heinich at juno.com
Sat Oct 19 12:21:51 EDT 2002

Jim,

Ensure that your parallel port Zip drive is connected, the power to it is
on, and media in the drive.

As root, enter the following
   insmod parport
   insmod scsi_mod
   insmod ppa

Now cd to /proc/scsi

You should see two entries
* directory ppa
* file scsi

cat scsi and you should see if your system recognizes the zip drive.

If your system can see the drive, you should make an entry in the
/etc/fstab with the following:
/dev/sda4   /mnt/zip100.0   vfat   noauto,user   0,0

Now all you should need to do is
   mount /dev/sda4

and you should be able to have access to the zip disk.

If you are still having difficulties, let me know.

Robert Heinich