[TriLUG] Newbie Mtg Plans - Part 2

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 21 13:53:05 EDT 2002

> But, at least to me, there are some that seem impatient and annoyed that we
> would even ask a "newbie" question. Please, change it. We're all here to
> learn from each other. If I've made it difficult, please let me know,
> privately so we can get it resolved.

Amen, brother!  I'm quickly finding myself running down the path of SNMP
managed embedded Linux systems custom programmed with C - something which I
know nothing about (I just finished my first chapter of Sam's Teach yourself
C for Linux in 21 Days last night - "Hello World!").  But I bet there is
someone out there who is an expert implementing SNMP, programming C, or
creating embedded systems and when I get stumped and I can't figure out
something I'm sure I'll throw it out on the list.

Seriously, if it wasn't for the *very* patient people on the list I'm sure I
still wouldn't have my sendmail/firewall combo box up and running.  Thanks
again to everyone for your help!  You've been great!

Greg