[TriLUG] SRPMs on RHL 8.0

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 23 10:17:55 EDT 2002

Roy Vestal wrote:

> This brings another question up, could someone post the steps to
> rebuild the srpms for my box? I know there are others that need this
> type of help too.

On Red Hat Linux 8.0, the command is:
	rpmbuild --rebuild <filename>.srpm

You may need to install the "rpmbuild" package.

On previous versions of RHL, the command is what Tanner already posted,
	rpm --rebuild <filename>.srpm
(this should work on Mandrake and other rpm-based distros too)

With the default configuration, you'll need to run these commands as
root, and the resulting binary RPMs will be found in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/

It's easy to set up RPM to build in your home directory, too.  I believe
these instructions have been posted to the list several times before.

--Jeremy