[TriLUG] Network Cards

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Oct 23 10:42:19 EDT 2002

Your simplest bet is probably to buy a cheap hub or switch -- you can
probably get a 5- or 8-port 100MB switch for under $25 online.  Then use
its uplink port to connect to one of the ports on the router.

Note that if it's a hub, this is as far as you can go (if I remember
right); there's a limit to the number of "hops".  Switches are different
because (IIRC) they reproduce the signal, thereby "resetting" the
allowable hops.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu