[TriLUG] apache cable modem woes

William Gomeringer neisture at pihlopase.mine.nu
Tue Oct 22 14:09:05 EDT 2002

Let's see. I am also on dyndns I and I had this same problem once. My
experience might be totally different though, but I noticed that at one
point I was able, as well as anyone on the local network, to access the
server. A friend swore he couldn't get in, buy I insisted that it was
up. Now, I'm using ddclient to update my address when it changed. So, I
did some rooting around and found that ddclient had updated my IP to the
router IP, 192.168.1.1. So that explained why I was able to access the
server, but people on the outside were not. But, this might not help
you. Hope you get it working. William