[TriLUG] GDM Woes

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Fri Oct 25 14:00:45 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 13:41, William Gomeringer wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I followed the article word for word, still
> no AA fonts. What is the simplest way to do this, what are the
> essentials that need to be in place to ensure that AA fonts work? Maybe
> I have "overdone" it and added GDK_USE_XFT="1" to too many files, too
> much crud. Maybe I need to start over.

I'd ask if you shut down GDM and start up your desktop with startx does
it give you the right thing? You might need to set your XSESSION
variable to get the desktop env. you wanted.

I'm just wondering if the login part has anything to do with it, or if
perhaps it's at the level of the font server or X server.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\