[TriLUG] Diff questions

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 4 09:43:47 EST 2002

Hi Roy,

Normally, the command is
	patch -p0 < filename.diff

Make sure you are cd'd into the source directory before running that.
The number after the -p option identifies the number of directories to
strip off the filenames in the diff file (in this case zero).  If you
get a bunch of horrible errors after running that, you might need "-p1"
or something.  Often there will be instructions with the diff file
specifying this if necessary.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy