[TriLUG] californiacoastline.org

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 5 13:41:59 EST 2002

As some of you may have read on Slashdot or The Register a new website has
cropped up (no pun intended) called California Coastline.org.  The website's
developers, a husband and wife team, are flying the entire coastline of
California taking high-quality digital pictures to highlight questionable
real estate developments.

What I like about the site is there are two icons on the lower left portion
of the screen.  One shows a MS Window, circled with a a line through it,
that read "Proud to be Microsoft Free".  The other shows a lined-out
smokestack.  The text below claims the entire website is powered by solar.
I'm trying to get some more information about that but, due to high useage
on the website, the response is slow.

More websites need to proclaim they are M$-Free, IMHO. :)

Greg