[TriLUG] php & postfix

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 10:31:02 EST 2002

My guess is that the server is not routing the address.  Your setup may
only allow for local delivery and no routing.  What user does PHP run
as, Apache? If so, then su as Apache and try to send a mail to the
address that doesn't work...
  echo "hello world" | mail -s "Test" email at dom.ain

Of course you should simply be able to check your log files:
  /var/log/maillog  (assuming Red Hat or Mandrake) and find the error
that you are getting.

Also, check your mailspools for bounces.  If the PHP script runs as
Apache then you'll find the spool in:
  /var/spool/mail/Apache

If not a routing problem, then check your firewall rules.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

===