[TriLUG] no m4

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 17:09:54 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 16:20, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Do you have the sendmail-cf package installed?  This is required in
> order for m4 to work right.  (I believe this is mentioned in JonC's
> notes from the mail seminar.)
>
> You can install sendmail-cf (or m4 for that matter) straight from your
> CD, or by running "up2date -i <packagename>" .   Or download from the
> TriLUG mirrors:  http://members.trilug.org/ for the info.
>
> --Jeremy

Yep!  Jeremy gets an A (but he probably knew this even before the
class...).

From: http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/mailserver/PartII.html
===
4)Setting up Sendmail on your server

By default Sendmail and its configuration files are installed on your
server (rpm -i sendmail-8.12.5-7.i386.rpm), so you don't need to worry
about installing Sendmail - but you will need to install the
"sendmail-cf" package yourself. The rpm is on the third disk of the
distribution:

rpm -i sendmail-cf-8.12.5-7.i386.rpm

With the sendmail-cf package loaded you can now generate a new
sendmail.cf file from a modified /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file.

===