[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] The next TriLUG meeting is Thursday, Nov 14

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Nov 13 10:16:38 EST 2002

It's that time again!  The next meeting of the Triangle area Linux Users
Group is tomorrow (Thursday, Nov 14).  We'll be meeting at the same
TriLUG time (7:00 pm) and the same TriLUG channel, er, location (Dreyfus
Auditorium at RTI - http://www.trilug.org/dreyfus_directions.php).

This month, Jonathan Hassell will be giving us the scoop on the RADIUS
authentication system.  What is it?  What does it do?  How is it used?
What can RADIUS do for you?  I can already tell you that it won't do
your dishes.  I tried, it was messy.  But don't let that scare you away,
there a lot that RADIUS can do!  Jonathan will answer all those
questions, and more!  He'll give us an introduction to RADIUS, and show
us some more advanced capabilities, maybe even LDAP integration (nothing
like a zinger in the announcement, eh Jonathan?).

We'll also be having a special election to replace the position on the
steering committee vacated by Kevin Sonney.  Kevin is leaving us after
many years on the committee and will be missed.  This means there is an
open seat we must replace.  Nominations are closed and have been posted
to the list, and we'll be having the election before the speaker.
Please vote!  We usually have between fifty and eighty members show up
for a talk, so every vote does count!

To top all that off, we even have a pizza sponsor this month!  Our
thanks to Lulu Tech Circus for footing the bill for our grub this month.
In return, Bob Young (of Lulu) will get his fifteen minutes of fame to
speak with the LUG about user group involvement with Lulu.  Bring tough
questions for Bob! ;)

Oh, and in case you're wondering who Jonathan is, here's his bio:
Jonathan Hassell is a systems administrator, IT consultant, and industry
author residing in Raleigh, NC. He has extensive experience in networking
technologies and Internet connectivity and currently runs his own web
hosting business, Enable Hosting. He is the author of "RADIUS" for
O'Reilly and Associates and is a columnist for WindowsITSecurity.COM and
Pinnacle's Linux AppDev newsletter.  He has also worked with IBM to
develop a tutorial on Apache web server optimization.

All that said, please come see this power packed episode, er, meeting of
TriLUG!  We'll even provide food and drinks!  For free!  You don't even
pay for the meeting itself!  That's right, it's all free!  We're giving
it away!  We must be crazy!

Ahem.  Sorry.

Mike Johnson
TriLUG Public Relations
--
"Would you like to take advantage of wiretap Wednesdays?"
     -- Fed on Sealab 2021