[TriLUG] Diskless w/s for legacy DOS app?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Nov 13 11:46:57 EST 2002

you're on the right track, the first step is to verify that the DOS code can
run under linux in emulation mode.  once this is verified, probably the
easiest thing to do is to set up thin clients to connect the server via ssh
or telnet.  i've done this sort of thing before, once it gets set up it's
pretty bulletproof and easy to maintain.  the thin clients can just be any
old PCs, you don't even need hard drives or cdroms, just a floppy.

it sounds like an interesting little project, i'd be glad to give you a hand
testing it out and settings things up if you like.

jason