[TriLUG] Diskless w/s for legacy DOS app?

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 13 12:45:41 EST 2002

I miss the part where ssh would come in to play.  If  I setup the
software on a server then had a thin client ssh to it, receipts would
print on the servers LPT1.  I need to run the dosemu on the thin client
so as receipts print on the attached printer.  This way the dos app
works as designed - both systems run the same exe from the same
directory and access the same db files.  Cheap & easy way to do
transactions & stay in sync.

I'll follow up more after some reading tonight about dosemu & thin clients.

Thanks - bp
& I appreciate the interest, could use some expertise around thin
clients as I've never dabbled in the subject.