[TriLUG] Silly file format conversion

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:00:33 EST 2002

Two options:

1.) Just name the file .xls (yes, you got that right) and use tab instead
of comma as the delimiter. At least as of Excel 97 (the last time I used
Excel), that opens without the import dialog.

2.) Use the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module from CPAN:
http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/Spreadsheet/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-0.39.tar.gz

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu