[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Ends and Odds

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Nov 14 17:03:57 EST 2002

Well gang, tonight is the night.

It's been 3 years now since Ed and I were elected to fill the spots
Jeri and Jason Gloege left when they resigned from the SC in 1999. In
the past three years, we've seen TriLUG's registered membership more
than double. We've moved from a virtual directory at webslingerZ to a
co-lo system at webslingerZ to our own rack at Inflow. We've had
installfests and joint meeting with other groups and donations and
pizza, pizza, pizza.

In a way, this is full circle for the group. As I step down because
of the demands of family life and work, I'm reminded that Jeri stepped
down for the same reasons three years ago this month.

Her vision founded the LUG, mine has brought us to where we are, and
now it is someone else's turn.

Neither of us was able to do what we did alone. And so, I'd like
to thank everyone who has helped the LUG get to where it is
today. Some are names you know, some are names you may have forgotten,
and some are names you maybe never knew were helping out on the backend.

The short list (in no particular order) goes something like this :

Renee Sonney, Jon Carnes, Mike Johnson, Chris Hedemark, Jeremy
Portzer, Tanner Lovelace, Bill Vinson, Chris Knowles, Ben Reed, Shane
O'Donnell, Rob Day, Elliott Peele, Josep Guallar-Esteve, Mark Fowles,
Donald Ball, John Davis, Jeri Gloege, Jason Gloege, Ed Hill, Jos
Purvis, Paul Jones, Jon Magid, Rob Napier, Donald Sharp, Jim Wright,
Roy Vestal, Lisa Lorenzin, Jeremy Katz, the people at employees.org,
the people at webslingerZ, sunsite^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmetalab^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hibiblio,
inflow, compaq^H^H^H^H^H^HHP, IBM, Red Hat, RTI, all our presenters,
all our list contributors, and everyone who bothers to show up every
month.

Additionally, thanks to everyone who I missed that have helped over
the past few years. I thank you, the group thanks you , and I hope to
see you all on-list, on-chat, and at meetings, in the future.

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --