[TriLUG] comments on Mandrake and Red Hat stability

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Thu Nov 14 23:44:37 EST 2002

I have RH 8.0 installed on a Compaq Presario with an AMD k6 500mhz.  Its
not screaming, but its very tolerable (comparable speed to win98 on the
same machine) and has not crashed once since it was installed a few weeks
ago.  OpenOffice does take a while to load, but it runs well.

(This machine started with 64mb of ram and ran painfully slow, found a
128mb upgrade on sale at Best Buy for $5 after rebates and saw a huge
difference.)

Michael W. Thompson
thompson at easternrad.com