[TriLUG] S/390 Linux

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 13:13:15 EST 2002

Hi Folks,
  I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with getting
Linux onto a S/390. My company does some S/390 development and we've had
some customers asking for S/390 Linux versions. We've contacted RH and
unless there was a misunderstanding, the boxset of 7.1 from them is $10k
and there's no free downloads. That's way out of our price range. SuSe
is in the same neighborhood.
  This leaves rolling our own 'distro' from the S/390 Linux modules IBM
offers. Has anyone gone this route? If so, how painful is it?

  Also, congratulations to Lisa and thanks to Kevin for all of his hard
work.

Ken