[TriLUG] Matrox Dual Head Video problems w/RH8

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Mon Nov 18 12:16:31 EST 2002

I wonder if anyone has seen this before:

I have installed Red Hat 8.0 on a Compaq Professional Workstation AP500
with 2 CPU's, 1GB of ram, and a Matrox G400 dual head AGP video card.  I
have downloaded and installed the Matrox drivers and PowerDesk software to
configure the dual monitor feature.  The monitors both work with one
exception:  The icon text labels on the Desktop, Panel Menu and in the
Konqueror file manager keep disappearing from the left screen and
re-appearing on the right screen every time the mouse moves over them.
Has anyone ever seen this before, and if so, how can I fix this???  I have
a screen capture in .png format if anyone would like to see, I can email
it to you.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

--mwt