[TriLUG] problem with Fast ethernet and RH 7.3

Daniel Monjar Daniel.Monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Mon Nov 18 12:28:33 EST 2002

I have a Dell Precision 330 as my desktop at work.  I am using the
integrated 3C920 Fast ethernet controller.  From my desktop I am directly
wired into a Cisco 6509 switch.  I am on a 10/100BaseTX ethernet blade.

Under windows 2000 I can run this configuration at 100Mb full duplex with
no problems.  But when I boot to RH 7.3 it won't support full duplex.  I
have to revert both the NIC and the blade port to half duplex to run
without errors.

Think I need an patch to the nic driver?

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services