[TriLUG] Linux database

Jay Barrett j.barrett at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 21 09:40:59 EST 2002

Donna,

I have almost completed a web based digital archive project for
London museum.  We are using IBM DB2 (Linux version) with RH (just
switched from Mandrake)and Tomcat plus a custom object management
system to glue it together.  Runs on any Intel PIV servers.  Would be
willing to share knowledge gained from experience, especially about
crafting flexible metadata methodology and handling unstructured data.

By the way we are evaluating Postgres for implementations where there
are fewer simultaneous users or budget is an issue.

Regards,
Jay