[TriLUG] A question about LINUX FORMAT magazine

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 22 00:40:15 EST 2002

Uh, I believe I was looking for someone who has actually subscribed to this
magazine, not a discussion of how safe credit cards are when they are used
overseas. But lest you think I'm being paranoic, always keep this in mind,
when you write down your credit card number and mail it to another company
(ANYWHERE) your card is only as safe as every secretary and postal worker in
that company. I would use a credit card, if I knew what the cost of an
annual subscription actually is.

But I'm MOST concerned with reliability of delivery, because if they can
pilfer the disks from this magazine while it is sitting on the rack in
Barnes & Noble and Borders, how safe are those disks going to be coming from
Britain. For example, Do they pack it well so that you stand an excellent
chance of receiving the disks you're paying for?? Some actual experiences
from subscribers would be helpful here. I did say I wanted just one question
answered:

Has anyone in Tri-Lug ever subscribed to Linux Format Magazine??---Al
Johnson.