[TriLUG] anybody tried the faster wireless hardware yet?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Nov 26 06:27:37 EST 2002

Interesting.  RF makes its own rules.  I'm curious to find out if some
of the low end point to point stuff really lives up to the claims by the
manufacturer that you have a 15-20 mile range.  I'll definitely need to
go through at least a couple of walls that don't constitute 15-20 miles
of thickness.  Maybe 15-20 inches.  Me thinks a plot of land on a hill
with a tower for line of sight would be cost prohibitive.