[TriLUG] Scanner recommendations

B. Evans bpevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 26 14:56:52 EST 2002

I use linux mostly in a server sense so I can't say much on it's use
under linux, but I recently bought teh Canon d1250 u2f.  It was highly
rated on tomshardware.com and other places.

On win2k it has done very well (not pro use) with 35mm negatives and
prints.  Color is very accurate.  It also makes use of the USB 2.0
interface which speeds up high res scans.

As I said, haven't tried it under linux yet but hardware wise it was the
best i found given the price.

-bp