[TriLUG] Wierd Network Problem - Clues Appreciated

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 26 15:34:38 EST 2002

This behavior is indicative of attempting to use the cross-over port as
both your hub connection and as a PC connection.  On LinkSYS router (and
others) their is a single port that has two connectors associated with it -
one of the connectors has the wires crossed and is used for hooking up with
a hub, the other connector is simply straight through and is for use if you
are hooking up a computer. If you use one connector, you are not supposed
to use the other (as both hook to the same port).

HTH - Jon Carnes (from the road)