[TriLUG] web stats

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Dec 2 16:17:55 EST 2002

I'm not sure that anyone at TriLUG has felt any urge to track web
statistics, for the trilug.org web site.  We've just really never had a
need.

I use webalizer at work.  It works pretty well, though I haven't delved
into the configuration too much, so I can't comment on whether it meets
your exact feature needs.  It's fast (even has some nice tools for
speeding up reverse DNS lookups), and pretty much works out of the box,
which is why I like it.

I've also used analog, but it's configuration syntax was so obtuse that
I finally gave up.  It seemed to be really slow also, and wasn't nearly
as clever about handling DNS lookups.

--Jeremy