[TriLUG] Re: Re: Tunnel two networks together?

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Fri Dec 6 13:25:33 EST 2002

> [bp]
> So, If say Host B opens a tunnel to Host A can Host A access machines on
> Host B's network?  Looking for bidirectional communication with a host
> that's behind a firewall we have no control over.

yup - depending on how transparent you want this to the end-machines'
routing tables, doing this from "router linux boxes" makes things a
lot easier, but that's what I've done in the past - my home routing
linux box, a routing linux box at work, and vtun between and machines
on both sides got to other machines transparently.
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4