[TriLUG] Kernel Class - December 14th

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 9 22:14:06 EST 2002

We're all newbies in some way.  :)  My latest kernel attempt resulted
in a never-ending "Error 0x001" flying across my screen non-stop and my
machine is totally unable to boot.  Yippie.  Good one.

I clearly have to stop this kernel craziness until I get some
instruction.  Too bad I don't have a Linux laptop.  I'll just have to
take notes during the class.

BTW - I'm only just learning C and you don't have to know any C to
recompile the kernel (maybe you do - maybe that's my problem).  Anyway,
I'm ready for the class!   Are we going to cover to how to recover from
such massive kernel crashes when you don' t have a floppy drive?   Hope
so.

Greg

On Monday, Dec 9, 2002, at 20:09 America/New_York, Elremx at netscape.net