[TriLUG] Flat panel display opinions?

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Tue Dec 10 12:49:17 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Andrew Perrin wrote:

>Greetings-
>
>I'm looking at buying a flat panel display to replace my aging Mag
>Innovision 17" monitor. Probably 17". Any advice on what to buy? It'll be
>used exclusively for linux (debian woody distribution)

I *really* like my SGI 1600SW. For some bizzare reason, it was
discontinued in favor of another 17 inch LCD, but one with a lower
resolution and a 4:3 aspect ratio. I don't understand. Maybe more people
than just a few of my friends were complaining that the pixels are too
small at 110dpi, but I complain that 75dpi is too large.

I imagine it should be possible to find a 1600SW, but I will not give up
mine. It is too wonderful for looking at lots of code, and video editing,
and web browsing, and . . .

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/