[TriLUG] Gaming on Linux talk

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Dec 13 19:19:06 EST 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 11:2123pm, Chris Knowles wrote:
> First off, let me say thanks for letting me talk at you about gaming,
> it's something I enjoy, and I had a blast working on it.

I had a blast with your talk. Specialy enjoyable were the squeeze tetris
and the full-size Arcada Controlers.

> I promised to post the URL of the talk, so here goes...

> http://www.trilug.org/~chrisk/GamingTalk.html

Excellent. Thank you.

Some more stuff about gaming:

http://www.parsec.org

The ultimate 3D game, a space-shoot'em up. Way too cool. If they only
would finish it... It's multiplatform natively (yes, this means that
someone can play it under Windows), it can be played around Internet or
on a LAN, etc. Cool screenshots and music. GPL  :)

http://freecraft.org/

Warcraft-GPL clone. Needs some art work (hint! hint! you can help). Fun
to play. GPL. urpmi if you have Mandrake.

http://lgames.sourceforge.net/index.php?project=LGeneral

For the wargamer in you. "Panzer General-style" of games. For you, who
belive that tanks do **not** jump around: tanks exploit the breach in
the enemy's line and do Blitzkrieg. Enjoy the sound of artillery
barrages. Find the schwerepunkt and destroy your enemy's defences. A
must if you like the book "Lost Victories". Be Gral. Patton, not Gral.
Montgomery.

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/A1Main.html

Aleph One is an Open Source 3D first-person shooter game, based on the
game Marathon 2 by Bungie Software.  Bungie? Yes, a Mac soft that made
it into PC and then into Linux when it was open sourced :)

I enjoyed plyaing with Marathon 2 a lot, on Mac (first) and then with
PC, both Linux and Windows. urpmi if you have Mandrake.

Anyone else?

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.0 -    Linux Machine # 38068