[TriLUG] is there an up2date ( or MandrakeUpate) like product for my company to use?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Dec 16 10:46:15 EST 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 03:47 pm, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> Is there a utility like up2date or MandrakeUpdate that I can use
> for my company.

> We have maybe 5 rpms might change, and I'd like to keep the
> users up to date.

> thanks

You have 3 options:

- up2date (client) + current (rpm server)
- apt-get (client) + ftp server "apt-get read" (rpm server)
- rpmdrake - GUI- / MandrakeUpdate - GUI- / urpmi - CLI  (client) + ftp server
with hdlist (rpm server)

For RedHat clients, any one of the first two options
For Mandrake clients, any one of the last two options
For Debian clients, any the second option

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux Machine # 38068