[TriLUG] Documentation on mutt and IMAP

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Mon Dec 16 16:21:35 EST 2002

I use it to access my work mail from home.... I got the Mutt source,
configured --with-imap and --with-ssl and then added these lines to my
.muttrc:

	set certificate_file = "~/.mutt/certs"
	set imap_user = "user"
	set imap_pass = "password"
	macro index ",d" "c imaps://xxxx.myimapserver.com/INBOX\n"

So, I fireup Mutt... hit ',' then 'd' and I am logged into my IMAP inbox
over a TLS/SSL connection.  The first time Mutt will ask you what to do
with the cert...

Of course, use your real username and password.  The ',d' shortcut isn't
necessary but it is an ugly line to have to remember.  This is using the
latest 'i' version of Mutt, BTW.

--On Monday, December 16, 2002 10:12:48 AM -0500 Roy Vestal

--
Dan