[TriLUG] Nikon CoolPix 4300

H. Wade Minter minter at lunenburg.org
Tue Dec 17 16:04:31 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Michael Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone had experience connecting a Nikon CoolPix 4300 camera to
> > Linux?  The camera configuration in KDE only shows up to model CoolPix
> > 990.  Tried a few Google searches with no luck.  Any help getting my
> > shiny new camera to work would be appreciated!
>
> i just pop the cf card into the pcmcia adapter, mount it, and
> xv/copy away..  no messy cables for me to use to inadvertently
> send my expensive camera crashing to the floor..  (coolpix 4500,
> though, not 4300 -- dunno the difference)

I've got the Coolpix 4300, and I just plug the USB cable up to the Linux
laptop, and the camera shows up as a SCSI drive.  I then just mount the
SCSI drive and have at the pictures.

Dunno about things like gphoto, though.

--Wade

--
If you have a VCR or MP3 player, you need to read these links:

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/
http://www.libertyboard.org/