[TriLUG] Some Newbie Linux Questions

al johnson alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 31 17:55:16 EST 2002

Well, I now know that my vote for Lisa wasn't wasted!!

I should have added, there ought to be one class on how to protect your Linux
system from destruction by the user doing something incredibly stupid.!  :-))
 No, I haven't done anything that stupid yet, but I worry about it big time
now that I've left the Windoze fold. If I can make Pan do what I want, then
it will definitely be BYE, BYE Bill Gates FOREVER!!. And if something should
happen to my Linux hard drive, I still have another Unix machine to fall back
on--my Mac Powerbook, UNTIL I can get Linux reloaded on a new hard drive.
Apparently, while the hard drives are much cheaper than ever, but this is
definitely a case of "You get what you pay for."  Thanks for the note, Lisa!!
Keep those guys on the SC in line!!  ---Al Johnson
P.S. Incidentally the guys on Tech Tv's Screensavers made the same
observation that I did that teaching how to recompile the Linux kernel is not
something for Linux beginners.  Not to say it isn't useful, it's just too
much for beginners to be able to undertake.