[TriLUG] New Thinkpad T23!

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Wed Jan 1 22:36:24 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 20:19, Chris Merrill wrote:

The recovery CDs are fine, but for the most part you need OS CDs, and a
collection of drivers on CD for the machine is all.  I never like the
vendor installations anyways.  I expect to reload systems every now and
then.

I would however recommend that you get the drivers downloaded and burned
to CD for the OS that you expect to run, Windows ones, Linux stuff too
all on a CD before you get carried away.  IBM has a history of not
functioning with the default OS installations.  Most Compaq branded
systems will run, but you need to get better drivers for some things,
NIC etc.

Good luck,

  Kevin

--