[TriLUG] AGP card suggestion please

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Thu Jan 2 16:36:56 EST 2003

Greg,

Though I haven't set it up in Linux yet, I'm very happy with the ATI
Radeon 8500LE with 128M of RAM.  I picked it up at newegg.com for under
$100.  It nearly doubled the framerate of my GeForce4/MX440 in Quake3
Arena (Urban Terror mod).  I believe this card is fully supported by
XFree86 with Open Source drivers.

--Reggie