[TriLUG] Donations

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Jan 5 23:36:49 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 23:12, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 22:37, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> > Poor Roy has been struggling with our portable firewall for a long time
> > now and may have some ideas on a suitable replacement.  This is the
> > machine that gives us wired & wireless 'net access at TriLUG meetings,
> > installfests and other events.
>
> Roy, correct me if I'm wrong, but one of those Linksys or Netgear
> cable/dsl routers with a four port switch would probably do the
> same thing as the portable firewall and you could probably just
> plug it in and go.  Actually, I believe they even have that with
> included wireless which would be even better because then we'd
> just need the one box to do everything. :-)

Yeah, the ones with an included wireless access point are pretty cool,
and we've been having a lot of trouble with the airport recently.  I
picked up the Linksys BEFW11S4 at CompUSA for $129.99 this past weekend
(I finally got broadband Internet at home); I'd be willing to loan this
for each meeting except I often don't get to meetings early since I
bring the pizza.

--Jeremy