[TriLUG] Re: All in one wireless access point/router question

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Mon Jan 6 16:20:19 EST 2003

> [Jason Tower]
> > > however, the MR814 that i set up earlier today did have a DMZ section in
> > > the config, but i didn't really pay any attention to it since it wasn't
> > > needed. it's possible that you can designate an IP address or range on
> > > the lan side to be segregated from the rest of the network, if so then
> > > you could conceivably set up something like you describe.  maybe their
> > > website has more info?  i'll take another look if/when i return.

The box I have that i've been happy with (can port forward, IPsec,
DMZ, dhcp, 128-bit WEP, 4-port switch, etc.) is the Linksys BEFW11S4

http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=415

It was around $100 from best buy, so I'd imagine it can be found for
cheaper by now and from other places :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4