[TriLUG] Internet connection Sharing

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Tue Jan 7 10:58:18 EST 2003

Thanks for all the comments.  I think that I have my problem fixed, I
replaced the compaq nic with another SMC, (therefore running the same
NIC on both interfaces).  I was able to dhcp on the public if.  However,
after this I could ping but could not resolve DNS entries.  Internet
connection sharing builds shorewall which I am assuming blocks
everything by default.  I shutdown shorewall and with some help from a
collegue changed the IPtables to allow.  When I get some time to learn
it, I will use IPtables instead of ICS for security.

--cgb