[TriLUG] red hat sendmail rpms with tls support?

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Thu Jan 9 14:15:30 EST 2003

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> so it *seems* to be as simple as setting errata to 72 for my 7.2 build.
> except that doesn't include tls support.  if i frob the 7.2 patch
> file to include tls, that would be the ticket -- except i expect it
> will explode..  no thirty on this.

yee-haw.  modified the patch1 file and the spec file and did an rpm -ba,
and it worked.  (minor bobble: need --notriggers to keep it from
varfing against linuxconf.)  install it, create the keys, and EHLO
shows starttls as an option.

coolness.

too bad it was such an undertaking.. but 'whatever doesn't kill
you outright makes you stronger.'  right?

anyone interested in the patches, just ask..

thanks, everyone, for your help and patience through my bad temper.
red hat gains back some karma points for it not being as bad as
i initially thought.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"