[TriLUG] First State government to use Open Source Technology

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 03:44:51 EST 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 14:41, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> I work for the state and use mysql, have been for several years now. :-)

You should get a raise.  Good work.  Tell your boss this taxpayer thinks
you're doing a great job.  You want me to go with you to your next
performance review?

Governement should justify the use of proprietary software now that open
source alternatives are available.  Mr. Easley is on record as saying the
state must get more efficient in its use of funds.
--
Mike M.