[TriLUG] best method of auto mail deletion?

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Jan 10 11:39:14 EST 2003

My solution has been to create the user, then do the following:

.forward:
|/usr/bin/procmail

.procmailrc:
DEFAULT=/dev/null
LOGFILE=procmail.log

(the LOGFILE entry just lets you check, in retrospect, that a message was
received and dumped).

If you really just want to dump everything, you could always do:
ln -s /var/spool/mail/dontbotherme /dev/null

There's probably a way to do it using /etc/aliases too but I don't know
it.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu